"Recovery Road" 12-Week Drug and Alcohol Group
RECOVERY ROAD is a support group based on twelve principles for the development of survival skills and logical thinking.
1. "If you want to quit, there is no time to lose" - An introduction session.
2. "Quitting drugs, easier than learning the habit of living clean and sober" - The medical
explanation and the concept of personal responsibility.
3. "The past, the environment, the responsibility" - Your life as a whole.
4. "A+S=R: Abstinence + Sobriety = Recovery" - A piece of mind formula.
5. "You need skills to make good decisions, for the wrong ones you need none" - Part I: Rational
Survival Skills: Vigilance, Intuitive Judgment.
6. "You need skills to make good decisions, for the wrong ones you need none" - Part II:
Self-Confidence, Control of your Emotions, Disposition to take Risks.
7. "Bad habits/Good habits" - Changing toward a new lifestyle.
8. "Do not feel guilty when the craving comes" - Applying the Rational Survival Skills.
9. "Can I change?" - Meditating on our personality.
10. "Acts vs. Occurrences" - Responsibility vs. Non-Responsibility.
11. "What is my problem" - Asking the right question. Instead of asking yourself: What's wrong
with me?, ask: What am I doing wrong?
12. "Making high risk decisions fast" - Applying the new ethical lifestyle.
13. "Living a new lifestyle of sobriety" - Building a new ethical belief system.
14. "If you want to quit, there is no time to lose, all you need is one step at the time" - An